Jiwa 7 Product Features
Jiwa is an ERP Solution which is a fully integrated accounting system. If you have MYOB, Quickbooks, Attaché, Arrow or Sybiz and have 10-200 staff and are needing something more sophisticated that can be tailored and configured around your business then we are interested to meet with you. Most people buy Jiwa because they have importing, inventory, manufacturing, servicing and Job Costing requirements that their current system can't do and they're looking for something like Jiwa that's more friendly on their budget than SAP B1, Pronto or Microsoft NAV.
- Multi Warehouse
- Purchasing Cycle
- Inventory Control
- Quoting, Sales Orders & Invoicing
- Purchasing & Receiving
- General Ledger
- Cash Book/Bank Reconciliation
- Customer Relations Management
- Service Manager
- Job Costing
- Landed Cost
- Field Sales
- XML Data Import/Export
- Plugin Environment
JIWA Financials has full Multi Warehousing functionality including item creation, visibility between warehouses and fully featured Warehouse Transfer system to tightly control Goods Transfer between warehouses. Read more…
JIWA Financials Purchase Order, to Goods Received Note to Invoice cycle is a key component can be described as click, click, click and you’re done. Great flexible Purchase Order methods are the key to keeping stock levels to just what you need, no more, no less. Read more…
More Info about the Product
Jiwa Financials is sold on a per concurrent user basis. This works like this. A customer purchases 10 licenses to use JIWA Financials. A package of 10 licenses allows for 10 connections onto the server at any one time, there may be more users named and able to connect onto the server, but only 10 connections can be made at any one time. You can add concurrent users one at a time, so you could get 11, 12, etc…
Jiwa Financials is sold as a group of main modules and there are other modules that are able to be added onto the main group on a needs basis. For example not all of our customers would use JIWA Manufacturing, JIWA Job Costing, JIWA Landed Cost, JIWA Service Manager, JIWA Business Intelligence, Website or JIWA Field Sales. These modules are available for purchase separately.
They are fully integrated with JIWA Financials.
JIWA Inventory Control
Inventory management is JIWA Financials' greatest strength. More than 80% of the companies using JIWA buy, process, store and sell inventory items. They use JIWA Financials because of the efficient workflows and excellent controls that Inventory Control provides.
JIWA caters for:
- Multiple warehouses
- Multiple bin locations per inventory item
- Long part numbers (50 characters)
- Long descriptions (255 characters x 2)
- Multiple Item descriptions – including double byte languages -
- Categorising of inventory
- Serial number and batch tracking
- Multiple suppliers per inventory item
- Multiple supplier part numbers per inventory item
- Customer Part Numbers
- Physical, non-physical items, back-orderable, non-back-orderable and service items
- Automated stock replenishment/purchase orders
- Automated backorder fulfilment of delivered items
- Priority queue for the fulfilment of backorders
- Comprehensive price schemes & pricing matrixes
- Kitting of products that are “build on the fly” in the warehouse
- Warranty tracking
- Alternate, obsolete and superseded items
- Image and document storage against each inventory item
- Complimentary product / up-selling options
- First In First Out (FIFO) Actual Costing
- Expiry date on Inventory items at lot level
- Warehouse Transfer Out/Transfer In to manage in transit transfers.
- Return Authorisations from customers returning products
- Return to Supplier function to ensure you manage credits from supplier
JIWA Quotes, Sales Orders & Invoices
JIWA Quotes, Sales Orders and Invoices are comprehensive and fully integrated into a single module. It is designed so that information is entered quickly and entered once so that any useful information that will help to provide better sales, marketing or customer service may be conveniently displayed.
JIWA Quotes, Sales Orders and Invoices functionality includes:
- Quotes can be copied from existing quotes
- Quotes are easily copied to sales orders
- Automatic links exist between the Quotes, Sales Order and Invoices that are created from one another
- Changes to quotes and sales orders are recorded and tracked by user including the time of change
- Sales Orders & Invoicing
- Purchase Orders may be created directly from the line items of a sales order
- Picking of goods, delivery of goods and invoicing methods are controlled by an extremely flexible matrix of Sales Order options leading to great workflow efficiencies
- Recurring invoices can be created
- Reminders & To Do’s are able to be set to follow-up Quotes & Sales Orders in the future
- Automatic and manual backorder fulfilment can be setup
- Customer sales history, pricing history and all pricing options are available at quotation and sales order entry time
- Credit control facilities are automatically handled by JIWA based on business rules at quote or sales order time
- Descriptions, text and non-inventory items may be added to quotes, sales orders and invoices
- Tailored inventory search screens increase speed, ease of entry and access to required information
- Lost opportunities due to lost quotations or no inventory can be tracked
- Credit card payments is supported
- The results of each transaction including sales orders, deliveries and invoices may be viewed in the Debtors Ledger, General Ledger or Inventory, via drill-down
- Multiple deliveries from one Sales Order are kept together, but delivered separately
- Direct Drop shipments where your supplier delivers direct to customer are managed in Sales
JIWA Purchasing & Receiving
JIWA Purchasing and Receiving organises and streamlines the entire purchasing process. JIWA ensures that you only keep the stock you require and that you purchase the stock you need.
JIWA calculates purchase order quantities based upon:
Inventory minimums, inventory maximums, customer sales orders, back-orders, orders currently placed with suppliers, forward sales orders, weighted sales averages (to eliminate seasonal fluctuations) and the amount of cover required - or your own purchasing methods may be used.
You may choose the purchasing method you want to use (from the drop-down box in the bottom left in the following picture) and then manually change any line item details as required.
Example: Purchasing Reorder Method
JIWA has very fast receipt of goods into stock:
- Items that were not on purchase orders may be received
- Barcode scanners may be used for part number or serial number entry
- Stock may be shipped to customers before the accounting details of the relevant purchase orders/invoices are finalised. If there are any changes to the expected cost of goods, JIWA will automatically make the necessary adjustments. This enables your stock to be shipped as fast as possible
Additional facets of JIWA Purchasing include:
- Purchase orders may automatically be emailed or faxed to suppliers
- Fast production of supplier invoices
- JIWA facilitates detailed purchase commitment analysis. The value of the purchase order commitment, delivered but not yet invoiced goods and invoiced goods are tracked to assist with the calculation of goods in transit at the end of each accounting period.
- Inventory buy prices may be automatically updated based on the last price
- JIWA supports electronic commerce including inbound and outbound EDI transactions
- Purchase Orders may be placed for non-inventory lines such as stationery, office supplies and other administrative consumables.
- Results of each transaction including purchase orders, delivery slips and invoices may be seen from the Creditors Ledger, General Ledger or Inventory, via drill-down
JIWA Creditors combines efficient invoicing and payment processing, access to detailed supplier information, information of supplier delivery schedules and support of electronic funds transfers for creditor payments.
JIWA Creditors contains:
- Unlimited transaction and purchasing history, with full drill-down to source documents
- Unlimited grouping of creditors for easier credit management, payment, reporting and searching
- Emailing and faxing of supplier relevant information, for example, remittance advices
- Unlimited contacts within supplier companies, each contact having their positions within their company detailed
- Comprehensive purchase order control
- Multiple supplier warehouses, each with different attributes such as lead times, costs, etc., enabling creditors to be controlled by branch, by region or nationally
- Cheque printing and EFT payments with Electronic remittance advice
- Foreign currency accounts for suppliers
- Invoices are individually displayed and all transactions are kept open until they are paid
- Invoices can be part paid with multiple payments against a particular invoice
- Notes, reminders and To Do’s
- Weekly, monthly or prompt payment creditors, either individual or multiple suppliers, can be scheduled for payment
- The creditor’s ledger allows you to view all transactions and items that relate to each payment. You can follow an invoice to the General Ledger or back to the purchase order and then to Inventory, via drill-downs
JIWA Debtors provides customer service, receivables and credit management staff with the information to efficiently process receivables, maintain open items, determine credit relationships, perform sales and marketing activities, and provide excellent customer service. Questions from customers such as "Where is my order?" may be answered quickly, accurately and in detail.
JIWA Debtors includes:
- Unlimited grouping of debtors for administration, sales, reporting, searching and marketing activities
- Debtor categories for Debtor Analysis
- Unlimited transaction and sales history, with full drill-down to source documents
- Customer orders, back orders and jobs visible and accessible, with full drill-down to source document facilities
- Head office and multiple branch office relationships
- Notes, Reminders & To Dos
- Emailing and faxing of relevant customer-centric information, for example, debtor statements at the end-of-month
- Unlimited contacts within debtor companies including individual user names, roles & passwords for website access
- Separate credit control area, for privacy & management of customer credit
- BPay Support for account holders
- Flexible open item transactions
- Multiple delivery and freight forwarder addresses
- Easy access to viewing of source documents and transactions that relate to a customer You can follow an invoice to the General Ledger or back to the quotation and then to Inventory, all via drill-down
JIWA General Ledger
The JIWA General Ledger maintains the complete detailed accounting records for one or more companies, as well as controlling entries from all subsidiary ledgers. It provides accurate and comprehensive information to help management evaluate past and present performance, and to plan for the future.
Reporting is available at multiple levels of detail to fulfil accounting and management requirements.
The General Ledger account number can be configured to accommodate simple or complex account structures. It may be up to 50 alpha-numeric characters and divided into 6 distinct segments.
The JIWA General Ledger includes:
- Up to 53 accounting periods per year
- All JIWA sub modules automatically post to the general ledger in real-time with a full audit trail
- Fast and convenient searching/filtering of all journal entries created by all JIWA sub modules, with full drill-downs to source documents
- Powerful journal options for: accrual accounting; standing journals; split postings; and reversing entries
- Consolidation up to 6 levels in the chart of accounts
- Business Activity Statements (BAS) codes may be allocated directly in manual journals
- Automatic dispersing of split posting journals to nominated ledgers for fast and accurate overhead allocation
- The Business Activity Statement (BAS) is produced at the click of a button, with detailed worksheets to support each box on the BAS
- 3 financial years may be open at any one time, each with different access restrictions - only journal access for a past year
- 3 budgets are available for each account in each financial year to facilitate planning, forecasting and budgeting
- Automatic clearing of journals from a collection ledger account to a reconciling account for easy accounting
- Generation of automatic quad postings to subsidiary companies to simply group accounting
- Journal transactions may include up to 4 transaction codes, other than contained in the account code, allowing for powerful analysis reporting
JIWA Cash Book/Bank Reconciliation
The JIWA Cashbook facilitates accurate and fast allocation of funds as well as efficient reconciliation of bank accounts.
A few functions of note are:
- Payments and part-payments are allocated quickly to invoices by clicking the relevant invoice to be paid
- Fees, charges and unallocated customer payments may be quickly allocated during your bank reconciliation process
- Reconciling items on bank statements is simply a matter of clicking the relevant items
- Payments by parent accounts for one or numerous child accounts are easily handled by the cashbook allocation form, as all outstanding invoices of child accounts are detailed
Customer Relations Management
JIWA allows company details and unlimited contacts within a company to be set up without the company being either a debtor or a creditor. If the company does eventually become a debtor or creditor, all details are automatically transferred and converted into either a customer or supplier record.
A company that is a "contact" can be grouped or classified in as many ways as required for sales, marketing and administration purposes. This, plus JIWA's easy integration with Word and Excel, make it easy to prepare and run bulk emails, fax-outs or mail-outs using the contacts data.
Notes & Reminders may be appended in all relevant areas of JIWA including: Debtors, Creditors, Contacts, Quoting, Sales Orders, Inventory Maintenance, Bill of Materials Maintenance, Bill of Materials Requisitions, Purchase Orders, Job Costing and Returns Authorisation. When a reminder date is reached, a "pop-up" appears for the relevant JIWA user listing details of the reminder as well as offering the option to drill-down to the source document.
"To do" lists may be printed for any desired period and the activities of sales people tracked. JIWA Financials opportunity manager provides sales people with control over existing quotations. The software also has the ability to send emails to relevant people (staff or external) based on business rules. This function is typically used to notify staff about workflow issues, or to notify customers of changes of status of their orders or jobs.
JIWA Service Manager
JIWA Service Manager provides installation and equipment servicing companies with comprehensive tools to efficiently manage, track, quote, cost and invoice these vital aspect of their operations, as well as provide exceptional customer service.
JIWA Service Manager provides a powerful combination of: call logging, generation of work orders, flexible time and billing options, billing for materials as well as time, detailed service reports, job and task management, staff and job profitability reporting; and tracking of any type of service related problem.
Companies using JIWA Service Manager:
- Make a professional impression on customers through effective communication and professional documentation of service work
- Allow field service personnel to access scheduled jobs and client information, and enter labour and parts for jobs on-line through a web browser
- Know where they are making money by analysing your service personnel performance, chargeable vs. non-chargeable jobs, work in progress, and accounts receivable
- Gain greater control of service personnel and the jobs they are allocated
- Are able to integrate with Internet or wireless technologies to enable communication with field service personnel to generate service invoices, update job statuses, and update inventory on completion of jobs, as well as enabling customers to log and track their own jobs.
- Are able to automate their service processes by enabling staff to quickly log the details of each support call and refer to details of all outstanding support jobs in progress.
- Manages jobs with many tasks which require the involvement of multiple technicians
- Keeps full track of warranties, including alerting when an item is out of warranty, and keeps the history of items that have come in for repair or maintenance
- Allows jobs to be generated directly from quotations
- Automates administrative functions such as ordering and invoicing of required parts
- Manages regular maintenance contracts and creates reoccurring jobs
- Allows organisations to use a system of prepaid time and have technicians' time automatically reduce prepaid time balances
- Allows emails to be automatically sent to internal staff and customer contacts informing of when jobs have been logged, their progress and when they have been completed
- Enables account managers to provide greater customer service as they have access to detailed information about work performed for their accounts as well as details of jobs pending
JIWA Job Costing
JIWA Job Costing allows users to combine materials requisitions, creditor invoices, purchase orders, timesheets, resource usage, cash book and general ledger transactions to create a complete job cost or project accounting system.
Other important features of JIWA Job Costing are:
- Alpha-numeric job, stage and cost centre codes - for easy coding of jobs
- Flexible set-up of cost centres - making job costing management easier by allowing you to use the level of detail appropriate for the task
- Groups, priority and status flags - so that reports, filters and analyses can be based on these settings for better management
- Resources, labour and payroll costs may be set up to allow flexible charge out of time and equipment to jobs
- Transactions can be imported from external sources or exported to external sources, such as payroll systems
- Job templates may be setup and saved to reduce time estimating jobs. Previously completed jobs may also be used as bases to setup new jobs
- Automatic ordering of goods - JIWA's ordering system can automatically order items required for jobs
- Production of finished goods - work in progress may be invoiced to customers or returned to inventory as finished goods, allowing for accurate and flexible costing of production runs
- Invoicing jobs (part or complete) - Invoices may be raised for any portion of a job, and work in progress may be calculated automatically or through manual intervention
- Integrated with accounts receivable - so that each debtor can be attached to a job, allowing jobs to be found from the debtor’s point of view, speeding up and enhancing customer service
- Unlimited jobs, cost centres and stages
- Adding of materials, time-sheets, resources, cash book, journals, creditor’s invoices and purchase order transactions - All transactions from within JIWA Financials that involve revenues and costs can be added to a job, allowing JIWA users to accurately track costs for jobs from all areas of their business
- Document storage - documents can be saved against jobs. These are stored in the database, eliminating issues of setting paths to a common directory for each user, and may be extracted, emailed or viewed
- Accessible and detailed data storage - job costing data is stored in transaction form enabling reporting of data in many ways, both for current and historical jobs
- Fast and accurate operation allows business data to be analysed faster and more thoroughly
- Integrated with purchase orders - allowing orders to be placed directly to a job (line by line) ensuring accurate costs and outstanding commitments against a job are known throughout the life of a job
- Integrated with accounts payable - so that creditor invoices, usually directly billed to a job such as outsourced activities, can be entered directly against jobs
- Integrated with sales orders - so that JIWA job costing uses the same familiar invoicing procedures, enabling jobs to be billed directly to invoices and allowing costs to be accurately extracted from work in progress data
- Complete audit trail - all transactions are fully cross-referenced enabling easy location of any details affecting any job or cost centre
JIWA Landed Cost
JIWA Landed / Import Cost streamlines the management of goods' shipments and efficiently and accurately calculates the actual costs associated with general purchasing and importing.
Consolidated shipments - JIWA Landed Cost is shipment-based and caters for a variety of workflows; from a simple one-purchase order/one-supplier scenario through to the consolidation of many purchase orders from multiple suppliers in the one shipment
Actual costs - JIWA Landed Cost enables actual costs to be added to the inventory value at the time of receiving goods from your supplier whilst leaving the shipment open. Furthermore, it enables additions and other changes to costs to be made in the system even after your goods have been shipped out to your customers
A range of cost allocation methods are used as standard such as allocation by: cost; quantity; weight; cubic size; or your own methods may be implemented
Matching suppliers' invoices - supplier invoicing from goods' shipments is a one-step process with JIWA landed cost. All landed costs can be added to a shipment before it is invoiced. Invoices can then be approved at the shipment's form, which completes the shipment and invoicing process. There is no need for separate processing
Unpacking containers - whilst unloading containers, goods may be received into stock so that goods may be sent as quickly as possible to customers. Each shipment can be split into many receipts of goods, allowing you to cross dock goods, part receive and ship out, without having to completely unpack prior to shipping goods to your customers
Record shipment details - you can track the full shipment lifecycle. Departure date, arrival date, receival date, waybill, vessel and container information are all recorded, and can be viewed on the one screen
Value of Taxable Imports - timing differences and exchange rate variations create a value of imported goods upon which GST, duty and charges are calculated, which differs from the valuation that you may use several days or weeks later. This impacts the Value of Taxable Imports (VOTI) and the amount of GST you are deemed to have paid or need to pay at import. JIWA has created a special VOTI workflow to assist in handling these variations. JIWA allows the correct GST and purchase figures to be entered for the Business Activity Statement (BAS) at the time of entering the Landed Cost Shipment.
Full Audit Trail - all transactions created in Landed Cost for each shipment are recorded and are accessible at any time in the future.
JIWA Manufacturing efficiently manages a broad range of manufacturing processes so that you can control your usage, production, and costs. Manufacturing takes account of Production Areas, Production Lines, and Work Centres & Working Shifts to work out when you can make an item. JIWA provides Work Order Scheduling. Via a Gantt Chart you can see where you have under and over capacity, and make decisions on adding or contracting additional shifts.
JIWA Manufacturing is a many to many manufacturing process, catering for multiple inputs, and multiple outputs in a manufacturing work order. The many to many function caters for by-products, breakdown of goods into multiple items, and the ability to produce multiple outputs (e.g. different sizes) from one production run.
The Manufacturing Process has many functions including:
- Goods to be manufactured only in certain quantities
- Sub-assemblies to be produced at the same time as the final products
- Many levels of subassemblies to produce the final products
- Batch or serial number tracking
- Subassemblies to be produced in different batches
- Subassemblies to be directly linked to a final production batch
JIWA Manufacturing provides you with:
- Accurate materials and labour usage tracking and costing
- Accurate final production tracking and costing
- Efficient management of materials required for production
- Clear identification of future production material shortages
- Management of sub-assemblies based on your business rules and specific product requirements
- Workflows to quickly dispatch goods as soon as they are produced, or a run part produced
- Workflows that control and assist in your manufacturing processes
- Full integration with the JIWA inventory management system including automated backorder fulfilment and purchasing
- Tracking production runs within the same batch
- Clear visible links between exploded subassemblies and their parent manufacturing requisition
- Separating component usages from final production quantities
- Enabling components to be replaced and changed mid-production
- Clear identification of build histories
- Clear and intuitive tree-structures displays
JIWA Field Sales
With the JIWA Field Sales module your sales team will be able to enter quotes, orders or invoices from the field. They will also be able to capture all aspects of a store visit including call scheduling, time in store and call notes. Set your team call objectives, task lists like Merchandising, Surveys & Promotions. Management can get reports include adherence to call schedules, length of time spent in store, and call coverage audits.
JIWA Financials utilises the services of independent web development companies to build suitable websites for our customers. We have found that our customers invariably want a tailor made website that suits their exact look & feel. We don’t build websites ourselves, however we have built connecting services that allow for data to be automatically imported and exported from JIWA Financials to your website.
JIWA XML Data Import/Export
JIWA Financials has importing and exporting functionality that is used for integrating different systems into JIWA Financials. Typically this module is used for Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) integration, Website integration and Field Sales Integrations. The purpose of this function is that we are able to integrate with many different systems without writing a specific piece of code for each customers system. JIWA Financials then doesn’t have to match each set of changes in JIWA Financials with each set of changes in every product that we integrate with. We are actually integrated via the data structure and not by a program connecting two pieces of software together.
JIWA Plugin Environment
JIWA Financials have built a Plugin environment into JIWA 7. This allows for the full Microsoft Visual Basic or Visual C# to be used to develop and extend functionality inside JIWA Financials itself. These are the same tools that we have used to build JIWA Financials in the first place.
At JIWA we know that customers don’t necessarily want choice – they just want what they want. JIWA has a tool called the “JIWA Plugin” that is developed in the latest Microsoft technology which allows the special bit to be built for you and “plugged in” so that you get exactly what you want in your system. Many of our customer use JIWA straight out of the box, but when you want that “thing, that special bit that makes the world of difference to your business workflow – we allow you to want what you want.
Customers typically are able to have functionality added to in any area they wish. Examples of this might be tweaking of business rules to control credit in a sales order or as extensive as a complete new module that contains multiple forms, multiple menu options, reports - depending upon the need. This development can be done either by JIWA ourselves or by our accredited JIWA Solution Provider Developers.